Also commonly known by the name of whooping cough, Pertussis (in medical terminology) is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacterium, named, Bordetella pertussis. Whooping cough is also known by the name of 100 days' cough in few countries.
Whooping cough or bronchitis has derived its name from hacking cough that is followed by a high breath for air that sounds like ‘whoop’. Prior to vaccine, about 157 people out of 100,000 get affected with whooping cough.
Cold or flu runs its course from days to weeks. However at times one may get affected with bronchitis, as well. It is then when the bronchial tubes that carry air to the lungs, get infected and inflamed. After this, the sufferer ends up with an irritating cough and much more mucus.
Symptoms of Whooping cough
- Dry and irritating cough
- Blocked nose
- Mild fever
- Malaise (general feeling of being unwell)
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Diarrhea (every so often)
- Watery eyes
What Causes Bronchitis or Whooping Cough?
- When a person has a weaker immune system.
- If a person smokes or inhales passive smoking.
- Working around substances that trouble the lungs, like, dust or chemical fumes. (For instance: working around with farm animals, coal mining).
- Travelling or living in a place with lots of pollution or poor air quality.
Health benefits of Kanthamrit Syrup:
- It effectively cures Bronchitis, Laryngitis, whooping cough, Bronchial Asthma.
- It treats cold and cough
- Removes congestion
- Soothes throat
- Reduces uneasiness
- It is anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, anti-allergic and anti-microbial herbal syrup.