Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel ailment that causes ulceration and inflammation of inner lining of the rectum and colon. Inflammation generally originates in the rectum and reaches upward to the entire colon. The ailment is not restricted to any specific age however its start is most common among people between 15 – 40 years of age. Ulcerative colitis also runs genetic in some families.
Causes behind Ulcerative Colitis
Food allergies, autoimmune factors, collagen disorders, infection, and genetic factors are some of the factors that cause inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis. As per Ayurveda, all the aspects which play a critical role in imbalancing Pitta are responsible for the formation of Ulcerative Colitis. These factors comprise eating while walking or watching TV, excessive exposure of the sun or heat, excessive mental activity, excessive smoking, and alcohol, skipping meals, sour, spicy, infected or stale foods and street foods, etc.
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- Bluish or yellowish undigested stool
- Irregular bowel movements
- Unexplained fatigue
- Abdominal cramps
- Weight loss
- Unpleasant body odor
- Loss of appetite
- Burning sensation in throat and chest
- Frequent rectal pain
Ayurvedic Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
In Ayurveda, Ulcerative Colitis is known by the term of Pittaj Grahani. It is mainly an ailment of Pitta Dosha, wherein specific cases, Vata involvement are of varying levels. Lifestyle change and extreme consumption of Pitta-aggravating foods damage both mamsa dhatu (muscle tissue) and rakta dhatu (blood tissue) that lead to the formation of ama which gets deposited between the villi in the intestines thereby forming a smooth coating which damages the immunity and normal function of the intestines.
Health benefits of Guru Prasadam Coliti Care Plus Tablets
- It helps in Diarrhea, Dysentary, Abdominal disorders, Indigestion, Flatulence, Ulcerative Colitis
- This medicine is quite effective in improving the digestive power of the body
- It has detoxification properties and balances tridoshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- This pure herbal medicine is quite useful in treating problems like anorexia and low appetite, constipation, and hyperacidity
- It controls the mucus/blood in stool and relieves from abdominal pain
1-2 tablets before 20-30 min of a meal with buttermilk / baelras / hot water twice in a day