The key to deal with arthritis is to keep your body in motion. Yoga asanas offer an excellent exercise for people suffering with arthritis. People who are in constant pain, yoga is an enjoyable, light and gentle exercise that needs to be practiced regularly. Yoga builds core muscle strength, balance and joint flexibility. Their range of motion improves, help reduce stress and anxiety and induce a good night’s sleep.
Be it kind of arthritis; practicing yoga can prove beneficial for you. Scientific studies show that yoga help reduce the pain emerging from the illness. It makes the body flexible and helps strengthen the joint muscles. Besides, practicing yoga helps in reducing the stress level.
These yoga asanas will let you manage arthritis symptoms:
Veerbhadrasana or Warrior pose
- Strengthens the lower back, legs and arms.
- It is quite beneficial for frozen shoulders.
Support at the knee should be used for holding this pose
Vrikshasana or Tree pose
- Strengthens the back and legs.
- It helps improve balance.
This asana is not advised for people suffering migraine or high blood pressure.
Marjariasana or Cat stretch
- It brings strength and flexibility to the entire body including shoulders, wrists and the spine.
- It helps improve blood circulation.
If you have any problem in shoulder or neck region, consult the doctor prior practicing this.
Setubandhasana or Bridge pose
- Stretches the spine, chest and neck.
- Strengthens the back muscles.
Setubandhasana helps in relieving back pain. It is quite effective for treating symptoms of osteoporosis.
Along with the above asanas, herbal remedies provided by Abhimantrit Guruprasadam Yog are also quite effective in the treatment of Arthritis and shows excellent recovery results in the patients. These herbal medicines are:
- Dasgun Oil
- Whey Protein Wellness powder
- 51 Care Original
- Artho Care
- Trayodashang Guggul
- Sandhivat Har Oil